News

Ivan Reitman backs out of ‘Ghostbusters 3′

Ivan Reitman backs out of ‘Ghostbusters 3′

WHO YA GONNA CALL?: Not Ivan Reitman. Photo: Associated Press

Director Ivan Reitman has stepped down as the brains behind the latest “Ghostbusters” movie.

The 67-year-old, who directed the 1984 ghost-chasing film and its 1989 sequel, helped co-write the script for the latest film and had to tweak the storyline when Harold Ramis, who was set for a small role in the movie, died last month.

Reitman will stay on as a producer.

The film is finally expected to start shooting early next year.

Original Ghostbusters star Dan Aykroyd is slated to return, but his co-star Bill Murray is not.

Recent Headlines

in National, World

Netanyahu says Iran is threat to Israel, world

netanyahuspeech

The Israeli Prime Minister called for action over Iran's nuclear program.

in National

Supreme Court set to hear second major Obamacare challenge

obamacare

The court will consider a conservative challenge to tax subsidies critical to the measure's implementation.

in Sports

Daughter gets her wish: Daddy is traded to the Wild

leopold

The Blue Jackets have dealt veteran defenseman Jordan Leopold to the Minnesota Wild after a plea from his daughter goes viral.

in Sports

Tuesday’s Sports Minute

nets

A look at some of the sports news making headlines today, Tuesday, March 3. NETS BEAT NBA LEADERS The Brooklyn…

in Sports

NFL salary cap increases

nfl

Adding in benefits, the league says the projected player costs will be $180.775 million per team.