News

Other jurors distance themselves from Juror B37

Other jurors distance themselves from Juror B37

People watch a news ticker in Times Square deliver the news that George Zimmerman was found not guilty on Saturday, July 13, 2013 in New York. Jurors have found George Zimmerman not guilty of second-degree murder in the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. Photo: Associated Press/Carlo Allegri

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Four of the six jurors from the murder trial of neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman are distancing themselves from statements another juror made in a televised interview.

The four jurors issued a brief statement Tuesday on court stationery saying the opinions expressed by Juror B37 are not representative of their views. The six-sentence statement did not specify what parts of the other juror’s comments they disagreed with.

Speaking to CNN’s Anderson Cooper, Juror B37 said the actions of Zimmerman and 17-year-old Trayvon Martin both led to the teenager’s fatal shooting last year, but that Zimmerman didn’t actually break the law.

The four other jurors said in their statement that Martin’s death weighed on them.

Recent Headlines

yesterday in National

Teen stowaway spent hours undetected at California airport

airport

A boy who stowed away on a flight to Hawaii in the frozen, oxygen-deprived wheel well of a passenger jet is resting in a hospital.

yesterday in Sports

Suns’ Dragic voted NBA’s most improved

suns

Phoenix guard Goran Dragic, whose breakout campaign helped his team to a 23-win improvement, was named most improved player.

yesterday in Entertainment

Oscar-winner Lupita Nyong’o named ‘most beautiful’

people

The actress was named as the world's most beautiful woman for 2014 by "People" magazine.

yesterday in Entertainment

‘Peeps’ coming to a big screen in marshmallow movie

peeps

The film focuses on the sugary confections as they prepare to be judged at the annual Peeps diorama contest.

yesterday in National

Washington state eyes building ban after deadly mudslide

mudslide

Snohomish County is considering a six-month ban on new construction in landslide-prone areas.